EII vs. Data Warehouse
Data warehouses and data marts were developed to create an aggregated view of corporate information residing in disparate systems, and to give business users "better" access to corporate information.
Benefits of Data Warehouse
- Stores a replicate of data that has been cleansed and integrated through batch processes
- Optimized to store large volumes of data within a single integrated database
- Focused on supporting data analysis on latent sets of data
- Houses only structured relational data
EII solutions provide a means for integrating data in real time, allowing standardized access to the integrated data through a single data layer. EII technology is ideal for applications that require current data that is selectively integrated from many sources.
Benefits of EII
- A virtual data warehouse (minus the costs and implementation time of a traditional data warehouse) allowing data to be accessed directly from source systems
- Optimized to query large data volumes across multiple databases
- Focused on real-time access to data as it changes
- Enables access to dynamically generated web service data
- Cost effective, easy to implement
The bottom line is that a lot can go wrong when a data warehouse is built and it is hardly a secret that building a data warehouse is a costly endeavor. As a result, more and more firms are turning to EII solutions addressing the need for unified views of data, without the costs typically associated with a data warehouse.
For those already invested in a data warehouse but looking for on-the-fly integration, an EII solution complements the data warehouse to deliver a more flexible, innovative architecture.
Pages, SS&C's EII solution, delivers the immediate integration of data from the entire enterprise, no matter what format, database, or operating system. With a manageable effort, implemented in increments, it is possible to gain a 360? view of your firm in a short timeframe, and make this view available to anyone in your firm that requires it. It allows you to integrate data from across your enterprise, securely, robustly, quickly, and with an audit trail. Create documents when you need them, not when someone else is able to create them.