At TimeShareWare we've learned a lot of important lessons - no surprise given our nearly two decades of experience and hundreds of successful implementations and upgrades. Below are five points to help ensure success when tackling a new technology project.
- You can't do it all at once, and that's OK - Many projects fail from the beginning because of good intentions. We'd all like to work a project that makes everything better all at once, but a successful project understands that it can't do that. A successful project plan contains a clear scope that can be plainly communicated to each team member where everyone understands their role.
- Don't take a knife to a gunfight - Individuals who lack the tools or skill set needed to successfully complete a project put the entire project at risk from the beginning. A successful toolset will contain the right mix of business acumen, technical expertise, labor resources and decision makers to handle everything related to the project.
- If tomorrow never comes - In today's world people are busy and often good things that can be done tomorrow are just that - done tomorrow. Projects don't always have another "tomorrow" and a timeline with realistic, obtainable deadlines can ensure success.
- Remember, Rome wasn't built in a day - Undertaking a large-scale, complex project can be intimidating to any project manager. Breaking the project into smaller deliverables allows everyone involved to breathe a little easier and see just how Rome can be built, one deliverable at a time.
- The only constant is change – Change is inevitable, even for the most clearly defined projects. Expect and embrace change, but make sure to balance the suggested changes with the expected impact and outcome to your timeline and your bottom line.
These points highlight the approach TimeShareWare employs when partnering with a client to advance their resort technology. Combined with a state-of-the-art software platform, TimeShareWare stands apart as the clear industry leader for implementation services and provides the most sophisticated resort technology in the world.
Find out how the flexible, advanced technological platform from TimeShareWare can help you overcome the stumbling blocks of implementing new technology. Contact us: 801-444-3113 or email@example.com.