Simplify a digital document process
As with any efficient property management business, having quick access to accurate reports when you need them can make a significant difference to the efficiency of your business. SKYLINE Property Management Software provides digital document features that keep the reports you need available, where and when you need them. SKYLINE dashboards also add to user proficiency by providing critical real-time metrics and allowing reports to be generated and saved into your digital storage library.
Having a well-thought-out digital document structure adds to the benefits inside and outside of SKYLINE. There are many ways you can store and retrieve your digital files, but in order to achieve any level of success you must first take a good look at your processes. SKYLINE helps to streamline your various departmental processes from within the application by providing specific job function areas. In any case, in order to structure an efficient digital document library you need to consider the following:
- Set up users in a common folder and file structure: First you need to determine where your data will be stored. Options can include some kind of shared server or on the cloud. Security needs to be considered and who has access to what will need to be determined when organizing your file folder structure. It is also a good idea to include processes when you have personnel changes or terminations so that only users who need the files for their specific job functions have access.
- Create a standardized document work-flow and naming conventions: It is always easier if everyone speaks the same language. This also applies when naming your shared documents so they can be quickly identified and sorted in a way that makes sense. Make sure each department follows the same naming conventions throughout, so even those unfamiliar with your area will have no problem finding what they need by simply following the established flow pattern. Also, it is imperative that your naming convention be sorted in a way that fits your specific department user tasks, such as by job function, date, type of report, or other predetermined categories that ultimately simplify job tasks.
- Process or job function: Make sure you set up a way to review each of the job processes within each department and build a folder structure that follows their specific job flow. The ultimate goal is to increase efficiencies as much as possible, significantly reducing time wasted searching for or re-running reports that were previously saved.
- Archiving: It may be important to establish a procedure to back up or archive files. Sometimes incorporating a date or revision number in your naming conventions will work so that old files can be easily identified, sorted, and moved to an archive folder.
- Consider the cloud: Another option is to move or mirror your data to the cloud. Generally, this is where shared data can be stored at an offsite redundant location, making it accessible to users anywhere they have an Internet connection. The advantages include the easy accessibility of data to any user from any device without having to connect to a local server. If configured properly, it may also provide a more secure environment for critical documents. There are many different cloud-based options available with varying features and price-points, so do your research before coming to a final decision.
There are many acceptable ways to organize and format folders and report files. When careful consideration is given to how you will electronically save, file, and access your job-critical reports, you will undoubtedly see improvements in job productivity. Together with SKYLINE Property Management Software, your digital reporting capabilities will always be understandable and usable for everyone involved.
For information on how SKYLINE Property Management can make your digital reporting easier, please contact Mark Ziemba at 312-443-7531 or email email@example.com, or download a brochure that further highlights the features and benefits of SKYLINE.