Residential Whole Loan Accounting
Residential Whole Loan Accounting from SS&C gives users the performance, flexibility and automation to handle the operational, accounting and reporting challenges surrounding Performing, Non-Performing, and Re-Performing Residential Whole Loans, in addition to Trouble Debt Restructurings (TDR) and Real Estate Owned (REO) under the scope of ASC 310-20, ASC 310-30 (formerly SOP 03-3) and ASC 310-40.
SS&C has made significant investments in its Precision LM platform, designed specifically for investors and servicers in the residential loan space, including automating many of the business processes that are typically required of residential mortgage investors given the large number of assets that these investors often hold.
- Automated onboarding of newly purchased/originated loans, including loans with credit deterioration
- Automated shadow servicing and servicing oversight of third party servicers
- Loan level and pool level accounting with daily interest accrual calculations on loans
- Loan subledger with automated interface to your Corporate General Ledger
- Assign multiple accounting and impairment policies to loan pools or portfolios
- Accounting for setup of discount (both accretable and non accretable) and premium items related to loans, and amortization of these deferred revenue items
- Flexible deployment (On-Premise, SaaS, or Fully Outsourced)