Life of a Trade II
Specialized securities administration training
This training is particularly suitable for employees who would like to improve their knowledge of processing (international) securities transactions. It will focus on international settlements and the risks involved, the features of several products and also look at corporate actions.
The program consists of e-learning and classroom based training.
This training includes the following modules which you can access on the internet wherever and whenever it suits you:
- Introduction to Securities Markets
- Introduction to Foreign Exchange
Four weeks before the classroom training date you will receive your login details and instructions to give you access to the e-learning modules. Each module has an average duration of 2-4 hours. The e-learning modules are available in English.
The training day covers the following topics:
Clearing, Custody and Settlement
- The role and features of Clearstream and Euroclear.
- What are the local CSD’s?
- What is LCH Clearnet?
Risks in International Settlements
- What is a buy-in and a sell-out?
- Interest claims
- Considerations on international settlements
- Electronic trade matching
Products & Corporate Actions
- The features of several corporate actions e.g. stock dividends, splits and mergers and the consequences for the settlement process.
- A lot of international transactions are settled in local currency, therefore currencies are bought and sold on a regular basis. How does this work? What is a spot? And why is it done?
Costs: € 430 per person excl. VAT (incl. training materials and lunch).
Classroom training: The training starts at 09:30 and ends at 16:30. Participants will receive a certificate of participation after successful completion of the Zoologic course and attending the training day.
Register: For registration please send an e-mail to Annette Licht: ALicht@sscinc.com
Questions: Please contact Annette Licht at +31 (0)20-6206921.
Discount offer: We offer a discount of €90 on the total price of all four “Life of a Trade” courses when you register for them all in a single booking.
* Cancellation policy:
Until the date of providing access to the e-learning modules cancellation is free of charge. After the start date of the Zoologic e-learning modules and until two weeks before start of the training day we will charge an amount of € 175. In case of cancellation within two weeks prior to the training day we will charge the total cost.