For Immediate Release
SS&C Releases Intralinks 2020 Mergers & Acquisitions Leaks Report
With an almost-overnight increase in the number of people worldwide working from home and a dramatic digital surge, global M&A deals remain secure
WINDSOR, CT, September 28, 2021 (PR NEWSWIRE) – SS&C Technologies Holdings, Inc. (Nasdaq: SSNC) today announced that 8.2% of worldwide mergers and acquisitions (M&A) deals in 2020 were leaked before being officially announced, compared to 8.7% in 2019. The SS&C Intralinks 2020 M&A Leaks Report was conducted with the M&A Research Centre at Bayes Business School (formerly Cass) in London.
“Though it seems surprising given the massive shift in work environments, global M&A deal leaks were relatively unchanged,” said Ken Bisconti, Co-Head of SS&C Intralinks. “Increased regulatory vigilance, a pandemic-accelerated move to secure virtual dealmaking, and stable M&A activity all contributed to minimal deal leaks disruption.”
Key findings include:
- Total values of dollar volumes of leaked deals were down 50% in 2020 compared to 2019: roughly 69 billion USD versus 139 billion USD.
- South Korea (12.5%), India (11.9%), and Hong Kong (10.3%) led the leaked deal activity list.
- 6.1% of leaked deals attracted one or more rival bids compared to 4.9% of non-leaked deals.
- Leaked deals took less time to complete (median of 63 days) than deals without a leak (median of 82 days).
- The takeover premium for targets in leaked deals was 63.6%, compared to 28.5% for non-leaked deals in 2020.
The SS&C Intralinks 2020 M&A Leaks Report sourced M&A transaction data from 14,288 announced deals between January 1, 2009, and December 31, 2020. Click here for more detailed information about the report.
SS&C Intralinks is a pioneer of the virtual data room, enabling and securing the flow of information by facilitating M&A, capital raising and investor reporting. SS&C Intralinks has executed over US$34.7 trillion worth of financial transactions on its platform.
About SS&C Technologies
SS&C is a global provider of services and software for the financial services and healthcare industries. Founded in 1986, SS&C is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut, and has offices around the world. Some 18,000 financial services and healthcare organizations, from the world's largest companies to small and mid-market firms, rely on SS&C for expertise, scale and technology.
Chief Financial Officer
Tel: +1 860-298-4738
Tel: +1 212-367-4705