It is the policy of the SS&C Financial Services International Limited (“SS&C FSI”) to maintain an environmental system designed to meet the requirements of ISO 14001:2015 in pursuit of its primary objectives, the purpose and the context of our business.
SS&C FSI takes a long-term and all-inclusive approach to managing the environmental risks and opportunities facing our business. Our Environmental Management System (“EMS”) underpins all our activities, including minimising the impacts of our business activities on the environment.
Overall responsibility for approving and reviewing our Environmental policy lies with the SS&C FSI Board. It recognises that as an international financial services business our environmental impacts cover not only our day-to-day operations and the properties we occupy but also the indirect impacts of our investment activities. We have a key role to play through the services and products we provide to our customers to support the transition to an environmentally sustainable and low carbon economy. The objective of this policy, therefore, is to manage our impacts and promote sustainable practices.
This policy currently applies to the following properties of SS&C FSI:
- SS&C House, St Nicholas Lane, Basildon, Essex SS15 5FS
- Adams House, 2 Springfield Lyons Approach, Chelmsford, Essex CM2 5LG
- Paragon House, Coval Wells, Parkway, Chelmsford, Essex CM1 1WB
- 16 Joyce Way, Park West Business Park, Dublin12, DR22 R902
- Erskine Court, The Castle Business Park, Stirling, FK9 4TZ
It takes into account the differing environmental legislation and standards under which SS&C FSI operates in these locations.
Our environmental commitment
We commit to:
- Comply with local environmental compliance obligations as they relate to our operations;
- Implement risk management systems that assess the environmental impact of our operations and seek to prevent pollution and ensure continual improvement;
- li>Set targets to improve our performance and encourage the implementation of energy and water efficiency and waste measures into the premises and promote waste minimisation, re-use, recovery and recycling;
- Seek to use renewable sources of energy where commercially feasible;
- In conjunction with our IT and Procurement teams, seek to source IT and office equipment which minimises energy consumption;
- Maximise the use of video conferencing applications to reduce the need to travel;
- Encourage our suppliers and business partners, to adopt good environmental practices and where appropriate, collaborate with them on solutions to mitigate our own impacts;
- Raise staff awareness of their role in adopting environmentally responsible behaviour;
- Take into consideration environmental performance and energy efficiency during the operation of our facilities including renewal of equipment; and
- Support initiatives in our local areas and collaborate with others to deliver a more sustainable future
Measuring and reporting on our environmental performance
We will monitor and review our environmental performance against the environmental commitments set out in this policy. The policy will be reviewed at least annually to ensure that it remains relevant and appropriate.