For more than 35 years, SS&C has developed the technology and services to power our clients' success. With industry-specific solutions from the alternatives space to healthcare to wealth management, SS&C is leading the way toward the future.
In 1986 and at the age of 30, Founder and CEO Bill Stone quit his job to start SS&C from the basement of his house. The goal was simple - develop better technology and deliver superior service. Fast forward to today, and SS&C has evolved through growth and acquisitions to become a leader in technology for the world's largest financial services and healthcare firms.
SS&C is committed to the success of our clients, employees, and shareholders. As a leading financial services and healthcare technology company, SS&C continues to push innovation, be stewards in the communities we serve and operate with integrity.
- Acquisition of Complete Financial Ops, Inc.
- Acquisition of Tier1's CRM Business
- Acquisition of O'Shares ETFs
- Acquisition of MineralWare
- Acquisition of Hubwise Securities Limited
- Acquisition of Blue Prism
- Acquisition of Capita's Life Insurance and Pensions Servicing Business in Ireland
- SS&C celebrates 35-year anniversary
- SS&C reaches $2T in assets under administration
- Acquisition of Millennium Consulting Services and Millennium Seminar Services
- Acquisition of Innovest Systems
- Acquisition of Captricity
- Acquisition of Capita
- Acquisition of Intralinks
- Acquisition of EZE Software
- Acquisition of DST Systems
- Acquisition of CACEIS North America
- Acquisition of Primatics Financial
- Acquisition of Varden Technologies
- Acquisition of Advent Software
- Forbes names SS&C to "100 Best Companies List"
- Acquisition of Thomson Reuter's PORTIA
- Acquisition of GlobeOp Financial Services S.A.
- Acquisition of Gravity Financial
- Acquisition of Hedgemetrix LLC
- SS&C again becomes a public company and trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker SSNC
- Acquisition of Geller Investment Partnership Services (GIPS)
- Acquisition of thinklink product from TD Ameritrade
- Acquisition of TimeShareWare
- Acquisition of Tradeware Global Corporation
- Acquisition of Evare, LLC
- Acquisition of MAXIMIS business from Unisys
- Acquisition of TheNextRound, Incorporated
- Acquisition of Micro Design Services, LLC - wireless trading solutions
- Stock market crashes in late September
- Acquisition of Northport, LLC
- Acquisition of Cogent Management for $12.3M - fund administration services
- Acquisition of Zoologic for $3M - financial training and online courseware
- Company Privatized with The Carlyle Group
- Acquisition of Eisnerfast for $25.3M
- Acquisition of FMC for $159M Expanding investment management software and services
- Acquisition of Financial Interactive for $12.0M
- Acquisition of MarginMan for $5.6M. Forex trading solution
- Acquisition of Open Information Systems for $24.0M
- Acquisition of Achievement Technologies LLC. for $0.47M
- Acquisition of Investment Advisory Network for $3M
- Acquisition of NeoVision Hypersystems, Inc. for $1.6M
- Acquisition of OMR Systems for $19.7M
- SS&C completes a secondary offering, selling 4.05M shares that add $74.4M to the company's cash position
- Acquisition of Amicorp Fund Services for $1.8M
- SS&C improves outsourcing revenues in Q4 of 2003 to $3.6M, a 21% increase over the $3.0M posted in Q3 of 2002
- Acquisition of Real-Time USA for $4M - web-based fixed income capital markets platform
- Acquisition of DBC for $4.5M - municipal finance software
- Acquisition of Digital Visions for $1.3M. Expands bond accounting, reporting and analytics software offering
- Y2K marks a significant change from the way financial services companies do business; they don't want to manage and build up back-office operations. ASP is where it's at and SS&C is prepared to take advantage of the trend.
- Acquisition of HedgeWare for $11.9M (now called AdvisorWare). This increases hedge fund software and services offerings.
- Acquisition of The Brookside Corporation
- Acquisition of The Savid Group for $800,000. This adds middle- and back-office derivatives accounting solution.
- Acquisition of Quantra for $16.1M
- Acquisition of Mabel Systems for $2.1M. The Mabel (now Altair) portfolio management system comes with clients throughout Europe and the Caribbean.
- Acquisition of Shepro Braun for $16.5M. SBS (now Antares) adds comprehensive front-office capabilities to complement our existing back-office solutions.
- Company reincorporates as SS&C Technologies, Incorporated
- Initial public offering of 3,750,000 shares of common stock
- IPO raises $71M at $19 a share
- Annual revenue grows to $18M.
- CAMRA for Windows 3.0 released
- Expansions into outsourcing, delivering full application service provider solutions and services
- Acquisition of Chalke Group – an actuarial software and risk analytics software application
- General Atlantic invests $7.0M in SS&C
- Revenues grow to $5.8M, an 89% increase over the previous year
- Texas State Education Agency becomes a FILMS client
- Guardian Life becomes a CAMRA client
- Revenues grow to $2.8M
- New clients Keyport Life and Liberty Mutual
- FILMS (now called LMS Loan Suite) introduced, adding front-office trading capability to its product portfolio
- Offices are opened in Chicago and Los Angeles
- Conning and General American (now MetLife) invest $4.0M.
- SS&C releases CAMRA, which becomes the first client-server, relational database investment accounting system for the insurance and asset management industry.
- SS&C continues to expand its presence and grows to 38 employees.
- The first year for SS&C goes well, and the company grows rapidly.
- Stock market crashes. U.S. markets fall more than 20% on October 19, 1987.
- Securities Software & Consulting founded in Bill Stone's basement.
Our Core Values
SS&C is committed to the success of our clients and employees. As a leading financial services, health and technology company, SS&C continues to push innovation, be stewards in our community and operate with integrity.
We are responsible for delivering success for our customers.
We demand the highest levels out of everyone we work with and win as a team.
Our commitment is never to rest, and good enough is never good enough.
We pride ourselves in helping those around us.
We relentlessly create and use our technology to create digital processes that deliver great experiences and unlock productivity.
Trillion assets under administration
office locations in 35 countries
We value a diverse workforce and inclusive culture, made up of experts from around the world, pushing for our success. We believe in innovation and strong collaboration. At SS&C mutual respect and trust come from the quality of work we provide, the success we continue to build and the communities we support.