In my role as Global Pre-Sales Manager at SS&C, I regularly meet with clients to discuss the full range of technology, software solutions and operational services that we offer. I am frequently asked to provide solutions for a given client’s most-troubling pain points, and I often find that these requirements are supported by the systems existing functionality, or already available in a more recent version of the system than the client is using.
SS&C’s PORTIA system is a good example of a solution that has been continually updated and has greater capabilities than clients may understand. In this blog, I will outline some of PORTIA’s latest enhancements to help you understand what options you already have available, perhaps without even realizing it.
Below is a high-level recap of just some of the many enhancements recently developed and available in the latest version—are you taking advantage of them?
Enhanced PORTIA Features
PORTIA Centre offers a more modern-looking and user-friendly view of PORTIA. It also adds new functionality such as:
- Users can set up a Favorites list of common tasks, or even batch jobs, with one-click access
- Users can now run multiple PORTIA tasks at the same time using a single log-on credential
- Single Sign-On and enhanced security available through Microsoft Active Directory
- Access to security, portfolio and report groups for quicker, more intuitive views of commonly used information
- Tab views for easy switching between PORTIA and non-PORTIA applications in a single window
PORTIA Functionality Updates
- New, intuitive, data visualization tool, PORTIA Explorer, provides flexible options to view PORTIA data via grids, pivot tables and charts for quicker access to key information
- Native support for Brazilian bonds via BUS/252 calendar code
- Ability to post interest accruals on Settle Date+1 onwards and to not automatically mature bonds in default
- Additional report writer support for filename (path plus name) of up to 128 characters on export files
- Analytics enhancements to report simple yields for long-term bonds and Thai treasury bonds for compound yields
Enhanced PORTIA Performance & Scalability
- Transaction import improvements, including code changes, made to reduce contention and increase the effectiveness of parallel streams
- Leverages latest features in SQL 2014
- Code improvements and scalability testing for large data volumes and large data capacity clients
PORTIA Integration to Other SS&C Solutions
- Integration to Vision FI, SS&C’s client reporting tool, offers PORTIA clients an end-to-end solution for designing, producing and distributing both online and printed client communications content.
- The PORTIA Recon dashboard connects directly to SS&C Recon to easily identify and correct breaks from custodians.
- Our PORTIA to SS&C Sylvan connection automates the feeds of holdings, transactions and required data to calculate performance.
I have noted just some of the more than 100 enhancements recently released to PORTIA clients. I hope that you have discovered new capabilities to use.
Next time, in this space, I will share more ways to get the most out of PORTIA. In the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact me for more information or with any questions.
Asset Management, Company News and Events