Are you looking to get a competitive boost from your business operations so you can benefit from:
- More responsive client servicing capabilities and happier customers
- Reduced risk
- Faster and easier regulatory compliance
- Lower costs
- Greater scalability to grow your business
For Singapore’s wealth and asset managers, this can be achieved with an efficient portfolio management environment that optimizes the way portfolios are constructed and managed. Yet few firms are making the most of these opportunities.
During our upcoming webinar, Portfolio Management Efficiencies in Singapore 2018 on September 27th, we will reveal findings from the latest WealthBriefingAsia and SS&C Advent research into Singapore’s investment management landscape. Some highlights we’ll cover include the most important areas of inefficiency and risk that wealth and asset managers commonly experience. We’ll also draw out the special characteristics of Singapore’s market that firms must take into account when formulating their strategies and technology set-ups. Read on for a preview of our key findings:
- Spaghetti infrastructures – Portfolio management at most wealth and asset management firms in Singapore is still carried out using multiple systems. This leads to a highly frustrating and unnecessarily expensive level of manual or offline workarounds – inefficiencies exacerbated by clients’ demands for high performance, and the growing shift towards alternative investments.
- Pay and headcount pressures make efficiencies essential – High and growing employee salaries mean firms need to drive significant productivity improvements to stay competitive. Minimizing manual intervention and equipping advisors with the right tools for the job are crucial to reducing costs and holding on to the best staff in a tight labor market.
- Reporting is critical – Performance reporting is a major pain point: it remains manually-intensive, while the speed and quality of reports draw considerable criticism. Instead, there is an urgent need for richer, customizable reports that deliver truly personalized information to clients and demonstrate the value added by advisors.
- The compliance Catch-22 – Compliance costs have caused many firms to put off technology upgrades, yet the ever-growing regulatory burden means leveraging technology to drive efficiencies is increasingly pressing if firms are to protect their profitability and enhance client loyalty.
Many of Singapore’s wealth and asset managers urgently need to upgrade their systems for constructing, managing, monitoring and reporting on clients’ investment portfolios. By implementing better technology, investment management institutions can take a huge step toward generating the efficiencies and quality improvements they need to sharpen their competitive edge.
Join our webinar on September 27th for more detailed and valuable insights into why an efficient portfolio management environment is so crucial to the success of wealth and asset managers in Singapore.
Asset Management, Wealth Management