We participated in Private Equity Wire’s Technology Summit in February 2021. We were happy to participate in the Data Analytics panel. The following topics were discussed:
• What are the latest technology developments available to PE groups to improve efficiency in data management?
• How can AI/ML tools be utilized in the front office to enhance pre-investment company analysis, due diligence, risk forecasting/modelling?
• Data in, data out–what should PE firms be doing to optimise the way they source and aggregate data to improve their investment decision-making?
• Can predictive analytics help bring marginal gains to investment portfolios–both in terms of market alpha and operational alpha (e.g. frees up time for analysts/deal partners to seek out an extra deal or two over the course of the year)
• Using data analytics to uncover new insights in portfolio company operating performance; can this lead to cross-fertilization benefits within the wider portfolio?
• Dr. Ahmed Khamassi, Head of Data Science, Stirling Square Capital Partners
• Sajjad Jaffar, Managing Partner, Two Six Capital
• Tobias True, Partner, Adams Street Partners
• Paul Ross, SVP Marketing, Sentieo
• Michael Megaw, Managing Director, Regulatory. Analytics and Data, SS&C