SS&C participated on the Data Analytics panel at the Private Equity Wire’s Technology Summit in February 2021. The following topics were discussed:
- What are the latest technology developments available to PE groups to improve efficiency in data management?
- How can AI/ML tools be utilized in the front office to enhance pre-investment company analysis, due diligence, risk forecasting/modeling?
- Data in, data out–what should PE firms be doing to optimize the way they source and aggregate data to improve their investment decision-making?
- Can predictive analytics help bring marginal gains to investment portfolios–both in terms of market alpha and operational alpha (e.g. frees up time for analysts/deal partners to seek out an extra deal or two over the course of the year).
- Using data analytics to uncover new insights in portfolio company operating performance; can this lead to cross-fertilization benefits within the wider portfolio?