Health, Safety and Environmental
Policy Scope and Statement of Intent
The Health & Safety at Work etc. Act 1974 imposes a statutory duty on SS&C Global Investor and Distribution Solutions UK and Ireland (“the Company”) to ensure, in so far as reasonably practicable, the health, safety and welfare of its employees whilst at work and others who may be affected by that work.
The Company accepts its responsibility as an employer and provides a quality service delivered by well-trained, competent and supervised employees. We work with safety in mind to protect the health and safety of all our employees, our clients, the public and the environment. This commitment is an important management aim, which contributes to a successful business.
Employees also have a duty to take care of themselves and others that may be affected by their acts or omissions
To enable these duties to be carried out, it is our intent that responsibilities for health and safety matters are effectively assigned, accepted and fulfilled within the Organisation.
The Company will take all reasonably practicable steps to meet this responsibility, paying particular attention to the provision and maintenance of:
- Adequate resources are assigned to ensure the proper provision for health and safety at work
- A safe place of work for employees and visitors and safe access to and egress from it
- A healthy working environment
- Risk assessments are carried out and periodically reviewed
- Hygiene standards have been increased and will be maintained
- Equipment and systems of work that are safe
- Safe arrangements for the use, handling, storage and transport of articles and substances
- Communicating information about our current Health, Safety and Environmental Policy and revisions when applicable
- Sufficient information, instruction, training and supervision to enable all employees to avoid hazards and contribute positively to their own health and safety at work and that of others
- Adequate welfare facilities
- Communicating information about our current health, safety and environmental performance and future plans for improvement ensuring our approach meets the requirements of BS EN 45001:2018 and BS EN ISO14001:2015 and all applicable standards for Indian locations
- To ensure the effective working of the Health, Safety and Environmental Policy, every employee has to be aware of their individual responsibilities for safety
- Monitoring activities undertaken to maintain health and safety standards
Arrangements are in place for effective employee consultation regarding health, safety and welfare matters.
The health and safety policy and arrangements will be reviewed at least annually and amended as necessary.
It is the duty of employees whilst at work to take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and others who may be affected by their actions at work and to co-operate with the Company in its statutory duties; and not to interfere with or misuse Company property provided in the interest of health and safety.
In line with ISO 45001: 2018 and ISO 14001:2015, the Board shall establish, implement and maintain a Health, Safety and Environmental Policy that:
- includes a commitment to provide safe and health working conditions for the prevention of work-related injury and ill health and is appropriate to the purpose, size and context of the organisation and to the specific nature of its H&S risks and opportunities
- is appropriate to the purpose and context of the organisation, including the nature, scale and environmental impacts of its activities, products and services
- provides a framework for setting the HS&E objectives
- includes a commitment to the protection of the environment, including prevention of pollution and other specific commitment(s) and protection of biodiversity and ecosystems
- includes a commitment to fulfil legal, compliance and other obligations
- includes a commitment to eliminate hazards and reduce H&S risks
- includes a commitment to continual improvement of the H&S Management System; and the Environmental Management System to enhance environmental performance
- includes a commitment to consultation and participation of employees
The Health, Safety and Environmental Policy shall:
- be available as documented information
- be communicated within the organisation
- be available to interested parties, as appropriate
- be relevant and appropriate