Even among the most respected and well-intentioned asset management operations, there is bound to be an occasional mistake that has widespread financial impact on investors.
Whatever the source, the matter has to be remediated, often at a very large scale. It’s disruptive, fraught with risk and potentially costly.
Yet, remediation expertise is something most asset managers don’t contemplate in advance preferring to wait until they need it. A lack of foresight, however, can have serious consequences for asset managers and their impacted investors.
This whitepaper explores the complexities and challenges that a remediation presents and the steps a firm needs to take to ensure a successful execution. You’ll learn:
• The critical milestones and timeframes.
• The key information and data you’ll need.
• How to measure the economic impacts to the funds and the investors.
• The implications and tax compliance steps for the advisers, funds, and investors.
• The best ways to get payments to impacted investors.