The WatersTechnology Asia Awards recognize excellence in the deployment and management of financial information and technology within Asia's capital market community. In awarding SS&C Sylvan Best Performance Measurement & Attribution Solution, judges for WatersTechnology Asia Awards cited the solution’s flexibility and capabilities in attribution and reporting as superior to competing Performance Measurement and Attribution solutions.
There are many attributes firms should look for when looking to transform and elevate their performance measurement activities.
- User-definable attribution (UDA): The ability of users to define the inputs, formulas and outputs of the attribution methodology to meet specific business requirements is key. Parameter-driven calculations are also important as it means that users can convert custom spreadsheet solutions into fully supported, proprietary calculations within a system of record. Having a single solution to meet different global needs increases operational efficiency and means that, in each region/department, the attribution methodology is reflected in the investment process.
- Self-service reporting: The ability to leverage integrated data validation processes and tap into accurate performance results at your fingertips means teams can enhance efficiency by self-serving. Users are then empowered to build, save and schedule their reports and analyze data through customizable dashboards.
- Comprehensiveness: A single integrated solution covering all asset classes; encompassing performance, attribution, risk & GIPS® compliance and verification; and storing calculated results since inception, and persisting data changes through time means that users can gain simplicity and efficiency. A single platform also helps ensure that the methodology used best fits the relevant investment strategy in each strategy, region and department.
- Data validation workflow: The ability of the operations team to set various data tolerances for the system to check and flag as part of calculations drives accurate results. Exceptions can be viewed in a dashboard and assigned by status to team members to review, hold or accept, with detailed exception reports available to help analyze the data breaks and a full audit of all steps of the workflow validation kept in the system.
- Flexible deployment options: From deployed install, hosted or fully outsourced, having a solution where you can select a deployment option that suits your business needs is critical.
Performance teams need the right tools to measure and evaluate portfolio performance accurately and provide the front office with the insight they need into investment performance strategy and performance drivers. Sylvan offers all of these attributes in one robust solution.
Learn more about Sylvan's award-winning capabilities and how we built a solution to help firms future-proof their operations.
Written by Mark Elliott
Director & Head of Performance and Attribution Solutions, SS&C Institutional & Investment